Search engine optimization (SEO) and AdWords provide optimum targeting of high traffic key phrases however, in terms of internet marketing, they differ. The following post outlines the difference between SEO and AdWords as well as the benefits of SEO versus AdWords.
What Is SEO?
SEO or search engine optimization is a process of correcting your existing website or text on web pages. SEO optimizes your site in terms of keywords and articles present in your web pages. By optimizing these components, search engines recognize your site and place your site in prime position on the search results.
Remember, Internet users search the web for desired products / services and information through the use of search engines. Average internet users do not search further than the first 20 search results engines provide.
SEO can drastically increase profit margins of websites as it positions them in prime positions on the search engines 1st page for keywords relating to their product or service.
A website that has done the necessary SEO steps to optimize their website, will find their sites better ranked on search engine results pages.
The SEO process involves different methods in order to optimize your website’s listings to get a higher page ranking on search engines.
If your website is not listed by the various search engines you are missing out on new business opportunities.
What Are Adwords?
Google Adwords, another internet marketing option, is advertising that enables you to place your advertisement on the very top of the search results pages on Google as well as other affiliate websites.
Internet users type in keywords relating to your product or service and your advertisement is pulled and placed onto the search results page.
The keywords that are entered into the search engine will display your ads as well as the organic search results.
The visitor then clicks on your advertisement and it takes them directly to your website. The advertiser will only pay each time someone clicks on the advert.
AdWords is a pay per click advertising network where the advertiser pays Google each time someone clicks on the advert being displayed.
Your advert may be in a text, image, video & mobile. The advert is typically in the form of a title line and a two line description of your service or product.
Difference Between SEO and AdWords
- Adwords targets numerous variations that you have around particular keywords.
- SEO targets high traffic keywords mentioned in your website.
- AdWords advertising is instantaneous in seeing optimum results.
- The SEO process on a website takes time before seeing optimum results i.e. an average of 3 months.
- SEO optimizes the site’s position, moving it up the ranks, ultimately moving it to the 1st page on Google.
- With AdWords one only pays for each click a visitor makes on their advertisement.
- With SEO one does not pay for each click, it is rather a monthly cost to an SEO company in order for them to work on your website to get it to the first page of Google’s search results, and other search engines.
- Adwords is a rapid method in generating your sales and leads.
- SEO optimizes the quality and quantity of incoming links to your website.
- AdWords pulls immediate traffic from the start of the campaign. This is useful for new websites or services and products that are seasonal.
9 Benefits of SEO
1. By using SEO, you will achieve optimum search engine positioning within the search engine you are using.
2. You do not pay someone every time someone clicks your link; this includes competitors simply wanting to check out your website.
3. If your website is optimized, search engines such as Google & Bing will recognize your website and therefore place your website in a higher ranking to those sites that have not used SEO to optimize their website.
4. With SEO your website will improve your online presence, build online awareness and attract more qualified traffic and thus achieving more business.
5. The higher your company’s search engine rankings, the more qualified leads, sales and profit you will gain.
6. Over time, SEO will bring you a higher return on your investment.
7. An optimized site will be visible on all browsers, increasing visitors.
8. Search engines can easily categorize and index the pages on your site.
9. SEO provides a monthly evaluation of your website and a monthly report of the success rate of your website.
9 Benefits of AdWords
1. AdWords allow you to target your ads specifically to users who may be searching for your product or service.
2. Google AdWords offers instant access for visitors and potential customers.
3. There is no minimum spending limit for your ads and you can chose to edit your budget settings.
4. It is cost effective for all size companies as you can decide on the amount you will pay every time a visitor clicks on your advert & you only pay when they click your ad.
5. It is more cost-effective than leading competitors such as: Printed business directories, banner ads, regular offline marketing activities and direct mail.
6. You can edit your existing ad and view the changes on Google within minutes.
7. AdWords offers a variety of ad formats in terms of videos, images, text & mobile.
8. AdWords provides your site with impressive brand name exposure as you only pay for the click.
9. Detailed performance reports are available on demand.
The overall the benefits of SEO and AdWords differ to many a degree however, SEO and AdWords are both seen as internet marketing solutions that will provide you with optimum exposure for your growing company as well as drive quality, potential customers to your website.
Most companies choose to utilize both SEO and AdWords campaign management services for their website to get the best of both worlds.
You must log in to post a comment.