What are the pros and cons of using Flash for your website? The following provides the pros and cons of using Flash.
What is Flash?
Adobe Flash is a website design tool that is used to build a website. It is also used to add animation and interactivity to a web page.
The pros of Flash include:
- It makes navigation easier.
- It is easy to learn.
- It is useful for presentations.
- It adds interest to your website.
- It allows data to be presented in an interesting way.
- It allows videos and animated images to be added.
- The display of text is more interesting.
- In certain formats MPEG’s and AVI’s can be compressed.
- Semantical formats, servers and databases can be connected.
- Sound can be incorporated into the website.
- It can be used to make games.
- It can be used to make website entertainment features.
- It allows a much more memorable site to be created.
- There is no limit to use only still images or text.
- It gives a good graphical impression.
The cons of Flash include:
- Search engines are unable to navigate through Flash websites.
- Some users are unable to use Flash websites.
- It lowers your site’s SEO.
- It can cause websites to load slowly.
- It creates large files.
- Visitors can be lost, because, of the lengthy loading time.
- Download time is increased.
- Older versions of Flash do not allow back buttons to be used.
- Older versions of Flash do not change colour when links are visited.
- Flash player must be downloaded by the user before Flash movies can be viewed.
- Users do not favour Flash.
- Users tend to get bored after being on the site for a while.
- Users may enjoy the site during the first visit, however, they may not return.
- Users are not always willing to download Flash player.
- Sites tend to rank low in search engine results, as search engines cannot index the site content properly.
When designing your website take the time to learn about the pros and cons of Adobe Flash. The web team at Optimus01 know the benefits of having a well designed website. Contact Optimus01 for more information of their website services, including design, website audits and more.
Evaluate the pros and cons of Adobe Flash when designing your website. Remember that your site needs to be user friendly and appealing, whilst loading quickly and being adaptable for SEO.
If you are interested in our Website, SEO, Google AdWords or Social Networking service, simply contact us or call us on 011 463 4771 and we will gladly be of assistance!