Whether creating or upgrading a website it is important to choose the right website design company. Choosing the right website company will aid your business in having a favourable public image, as well as a favourable marketing image. The following provides a guide to choosing the right website design company.
1. Do Yourself a Favour
- Take the time to learn how to choose the right website design company, before you randomly hire any website design company to do the job. If you don’t there is the possibility that you will sacrifice a lot of time and money.
Read our page on 5 Basic Rules of Webste Design, to give you more of an outlook on website design.
2. Guideline to Choosing the Right Website Design Company
- Know What You Want
- It is important to establish what you want for your website. This means that you know your budget and goals. A design company cannot do a good job if you run out of money or keep changing your mind.
3. Do Your Research
- Just because a designer or developer uses a lot of website jargon does not mean he or she is an expert. Do a bit of background reading on websites and the internet. You will be better equipped to evaluate the designer’s ability. At Optimus01 we offer a comprehensive site on web related services.
4. Evaluate the design company’s website.
- If the website design company’s website is poorly designed, has a number of spelling mistakes or is unappealing then the chances are your website will not turn out much better.
5. Take a Look at their Price List
- It is difficult to know the right price if you are not in the website design industry. This does not mean that you cannot shop around. Compare the company’s price list to their competitors. If the prices are too high or too low then there is a problem. It is also important to consider the price in terms of the size your website.
6. Evaluate the Company’s Portfolio
- Take a look at the past work that the design company has done i.e. their portfolio. This will give you an idea of the quality of their work. Make sure that their past work is legitimate. Remember that a website design company designs websites; therefore you should be able to visit the websites.
7. Talk to Past Clients
- A great way to find out about the design company’s work ethic is to speak to past clients. Past clients may be listed on the company’s website or you can ask them for a list. If they are reluctant to let you know about past clients it may signal dissatisfaction. Remember that new companies that do not have many or any past clients can still do a good job. If this is the case then evaluate the company on other guideline factors.
8. Evaluate their Quality of Service
- If you contact a design company, but, receive no response, then they are not a good company to use. You should feel like the company is eager to design your website. Bear in mind that you are not their only client, however, your needs should be met.
9. Find Out if the Company is Up to Date
The web changes as the world changes. Thus there are many new techniques and requirements to think about. You don’t have to be an expert on the web. Just be sure that the company is following new developments and trends, such as:
- Designing sites for SEO
- Press releases
- Basic rules of website designs
- Designs user friendly websites
- Top 10 website design tips
- Website design do’s and don’t’s
10. Test the Design Company
- If you ask the company to start small on your design you can evaluate their skills and ability to meet a deadline. If they deliver and you are happy, then you can have peace of mind that they can do bigger jobs.
11. Look for Flexibility
- Remember that you want your site to be unique to your business. The design company should be flexible to design websites for all types of businesses and people. Evaluate whether the design company has the ability to design a site for you.
12. Communication and Clarity
- It is imperative that the design company is able to communicate effectively. Your messages should be returned and your questions answered. The design company should also give you a clear layout of the design process and what to expect.
13. Compare Quotes and Service
- Try to get quotes from different website design companies. This will give you more options to make the right choice.
14. You and Your Website
- It is important to choose a suitable website design company that can deliver on their promises. After all the importance and benefits of having a website are dependent on the job being done properly. Optimus01 has satisfied past clients and it has a team of experienced staff. Contact us for more information on our website services and our SEO services.
Designing a website is a daunting task, which can become stressful if you are not using the right website design company. Take the time to acquaint yourself with the guidelines to choosing the right design company. This will help the process to be as successful as possible.