Before you hire a random SEO company to SEO your website, learn how to spot a fly by night SEO company. The following points out how to recognise a fly by night SEO company.
Avoiding a Fly by Night SEO Company
Unfortunately fly by night companies offer great SEO services, but, they do not deliver accordingly. They are actually waiting to waste your time and money. For this reason it is good to know how to recognise a fly by night SEO company. This will help you to avoid wasting your time and money. If you seek information on good website companies , click on the link and you will find out more here on our website.
How to Recognise a Fly by Night SEO Company
The best way to avoid a fly by night SEO company is to recognise the warning signs. This will help you to avoid using an illegitimate SEO company. The SEO company is most likely illegitimate if:
- You were made aware of the company only through their email.
- The company emailed you and insisted that there is a problem with your website.
- The only information about the company is found via links, opposed to print advertising.
- The company is not listed in popular search engine results.
- The company makes use of unethical SEO techniques.
- You are promised first place ranking in popular search engines (such as Google, MSN or Yahoo).
- You are promised that your site will have the first rank in Google searches.
- The company offers free SEO trials.
- You are offered flat rates for SEO services.
- Prices are much lower than SEO competitors.
- Prices are much higher than SEO competitors.
- The company is not up to date with SEO techniques.
- The company is secretive about their procedures.
- You are told that it will take a few days to SEO your site.
- The company insists that SEO will be complete in 48 to 72 hours.
- The company insists that they have contacts in high places.
- You are sent sabotage threats if you do not use their SEO service.
- The company does not have sound SEO knowledge.
- You can only find mobile opposed to landline contact numbers.
- There is no physical contact address given on the company’s website.
- It is difficult to get in touch with anyone at the company.
- You are frequently greeted by an answering machine during daytime calls.
- There is no response to your messages or emails.
- Your questions go unanswered.
- You feel that the company has something to hide.
- The company’s staff is evasive, unfriendly or unprofessional.
- The company’s staff makes use of jargon to look knowledgeable.
- The company does not agree to certain terms.
- You are not given any feedback about your site.
- You are not given a breakdown of the SEO work that will be done.
- The company only wants upfront payment.
- They use questionable payment methods.
- You can’t get in touch with the company after initial payment.
- You are informed that the company has lost some of your information.
- The company forgets what you want.
- The company does not refer you to past clients.
- You receive negative feedback from past clients.
- The company’s website address uses free email services (such as Gmail)
- The company’s website has limited contact numbers.
- There are a number of mistakes on the company’s website (such as spelling errors or design flaws).
- You find content that has been copied from other websites.
- You find any questionable information on the company’s website.
- The domain name of the company is incorrectly spelt.
- You are required to register personal information on the website.
- You need to use a password to log onto the site.
- The website address has no reference to the company name or its product.
- There are a number of broken links on the company’s website.
- There are no terms and conditions on the company’s website.
- The terms and conditions are difficult to find on the company’s website.
- The terms and conditions indicate any extra or hidden payments.
If you are not 100% sure that the SEO company is legitimate, rather, find another SEO company. There are plenty of good SEO companies waiting to give you a good SEO service. Avoid fly by night SEO companies at all costs, otherwise, it will end up costing you. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys!
Error, group does not exist! Check your syntax! (ID: 10)