Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an online marketing strategy that increases the amount of visitors to a website. Use the following SEO do’s and don’ts to optimise your website.
Once you understand what SEO is, you will understand the importance of SEO. Thereafter it is time to use SEO on your website. When writing and designing your site for SEO, take note of the following SEO do’s and don’ts.
- Have patience SEO can take time.
- Learn about SEO and understand it.
- Make your site user-friendly.
- Find out what users search for.
- Use relevant content.
- Research you keywords and keyword phrases.
- Make use of title tags with a short description.
- Use the main title keywords in body text.
- Use relevant keywords in image tags.
- Make use of a site map.
- Have a site map for users.
- Have a site map for search engines.
- Use internal and external links.
- Give each page a title.
- Make use of linking, both internally and externally.
- Make use of press releases.
- Make use of a glossary.
- Make sure your site is easy to navigate.
- Take note of top website companies and their SEO techniques.
- Consult a reputable company that can evaluate and adapt your site for SEO.
- Title tags should not exceed 30 characters.
- Don’t overuse keywords.
- Don’t have too much keyword density; it can make your site look like spam.
- Don’t use unethical SEO techniques.
- Don’t use cloaking software under any circumstances.
- Don’t think that you can submit your site to over 1 000 search engines.
- Don’t rely on images and animations as the search engine reads text.
- Don’t put links in guestbooks or blog communication.
- Don’t put lots of keywords into your meta tags or page footer.
- Don’t use overly common keywords or keyword phrases on your site.
- Don’t use hidden text.
- Don’t use hidden links.
- Don’t copy other site’s keywords or meta tags.
- Don’t preoccupy yourself over page rank.
- Don’t use irrelevant content to try increase your ranking.
- Don’t believe experts that tell you that they will put your site on top search engine companies, such as Google.
- Don’t submit your site too often to search engines.
- Don’t think that your rank will change daily.
- Don’t trust SEO spam mail.
Do’s and Don’ts and Your Site
SEO can be confusing. It can also be stressful as you want your website to be successful. Optimus, in association with Veritas Prime, can help you with your SEO requirements. Optiumus can increase:
- Online traffic
- Online revenue
- Brand awareness
Take the time to learn about SEO and SEO do’s and don’ts. This will give you a good standing point from which to move forward with SEO.