Search engine rankings are the backbone of all things SEO. When optimising a website for quality online business growth, what SEO tools are needed?
In order for the SEO process to be effective, a collection of useful SEO tools are required. What kinds of SEO tools can help online business owners develop and improve their websites, making them more SEO friendly? There are a considerable amount of SEO tool options available online. Some useful SEO tools include the following:
- Backlink builder – assists in building quality backlinks.
- Backlink analyser – this SEO tool helps when researching and analysing websites for quality links. The SEO tool checks for indexed web pages, website links, domain age and expiration etc.
- Link popularity check – assists in checking and / or measuring a website’s online visibility on search engines.
- Site link analyser – analyses web pages accumulating data (outbound links and the anchor text associated with it).
- Backlink summary – enables website owners to receive a summary of the backlinks being used by industry competitors.
- Wordtracker –offers keyword suggestions based on the most current internet user searches on search engines.
- Keyword density analysis – this SEO tool determines the density of keywords and phrases on a web page. Keyword density analysis helps to determine content ratios (i.e.: keywords that are used too often or not enough on a web page).
- Keyword difficulty – analyses how competitive particular keywords and phrases which are searched for actually are. The SEO tool also offers a percentage score, as well as a detailed analysis of the highest ranking websites on major search engines, namely Google and Yahoo.
- Ontology finder – this SEO tool is a search finder which helps to look for related and useful keywords.
- Website keyword suggestions – useful for determining the overall theme of a website and providing suggested keywords, as well as keyword traffic estimates.
Rank Checking Tools
- Google rankings – determines a website’s rankings in Google.
- Yahoo Search rankings – determines a website’s rankings in Yahoo.
- Marketleap search engine verification tool – assesses if a website is ranked in the top 3 pages of a search engine result page (SERP) according to specific keywords.
- Site depth check – assesses how many of a website’s pages are listed in search engines.
- SERP tracker – this tool determines results on search engines and assesses a website’s ranking performance over a period of time.
- Domain age – this SEO tool determines the estimated age of a website on the internet. The SEO tool also allows website owners to view how an existing site looked when it first appeared on the web.
- Domain dossier – useful for domain and IP address investigation.
- Domain stats – useful to acquiring competitor domain statistics including traffic ranking, domain age, backlink counts and the amount of web pages that are indexed on all major search engines.
- Domain popularity – this SEO tool reveals backlinks for a domain, host IP address and page ranking on Google.
- HTTP / HTTPS header check – useful for inspecting HTTP / HTTPS headers that a web server returns when a URL is requested.
- Meta tag generator – this SEO tool will scan or read a web page that is requested, remove common words off of it and assess what words are most used on the page. The SEO tool will then generate a meta keywords tag by using the most common words used on the web page.
- Similar page checker – this SEO tool is useful for indentifying content that may have been duplicated or written very similarly. Search engines usually penalise websites using duplicated or similarly written content that can be found on another site. Web pages within a single website can also be regarded by search engines as too similar to each other. The similar page checker tool is useful for determining the similarity percentage between one web page and another, whether within the same website or not.
- Speed tester – assists with determining how long a website takes to load.
- Spider simulator – with this SEO tool a search engine “spider” can be simulated to display a web page’s contents in the very same way as a “spider” or “crawler” would “see it”.
- Google vs. Yahoo – this SEO tool can be used to conduct a search query on both Google and Yahoo search engines. The SEO tool will also compile a graphical comparison of the results found between the two search engines.
SEO is a rather technical process when it comes down to the finer details of what it takes to best optimise a website. There are many, many more SEO tools that are available online, either as a paying service or offered for free, to any SEO consultant trying to develop an SEO friendly website. Just as an artist has an array of brushes and tools to create all the components of a masterpiece, SEO consultants have a wide variety of their own, available online, to produce a well optimised and successful website business.