Once you know what SEO is all about it is time to discover how to write for SEO. Use the following SEO writing tips to improve your content today.
SEO writing is different to normal writing; it is more to the point than creative pieces. This is not to say that you cannot be creative, rather, you need to find your creativity within the SEO framework. SEO writing can be confusing at first, but, do not fear as help and SEO writing tips are on the way.
SEO and the User
An understanding the importance of SEO relates to your site needs high rankings. However, you can have a high ranking, but, do not interest the user. Thus high rankings go hand in hand with grabbing the reader’s attention.
SEO Writing Tips to Improve Your Rankings
Good SEO writing needs to be simple, but, engaging. From this point on you should keep the reader and SEO in mind when you write for SEO.
SEO writing tips include:
- Remember your audience is global.
- Take note that search engines recognise text.
- Establish your goal.
- Keep your voice, but, keep it simple.
- Get to the point.
- Tell the truth.
- Keep to one idea in your article.
- Answer who, what, where, when and how.
- Text should be simple.
- Use short paragraphs
- Use bullets
- Use lists
- Keep writing principles including introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Write using the inverted pyramid – Conclusion first.
- Important information should be at the beginning.
- The first paragraph is very important.
- Write your article and then cut it down.
- Use internal links (hyperlink)
- Use external links (hyperlink).
- Make it easy to read.
- Write in the active voice i.e. now/present.
- Write for the average high school student i.e. grade 8.
- Avoid using confusing jargon.
- Establish keyword phrases that users will use to search for your site or content.
- Make use of long tail keywords.
- Choose relevant keywords.
- Use keyword phrases and links together.
- Use strong key words.
- Have a keyword density of between 3 to 5%.
- Avoid keyword overuse.
- Use headings
- Use subheadings
- Have a call to action i.e. print this page or contact us
- Use short sentences.
- Use short paragraphs.
- Do not waffle on.
- Proofread your text.
- Remember to write for your reader.
SEO Writing and You
The truth is that SEO writing takes some understanding and patience. Remember that your articles and website content must be written for SEO. This is if you want to improve your search engine ranking. Engage with your audience, as you need them to stay on your site and read on.
- Online revenue
With online marketing becoming more popular, SEO writing is being considered a new art form. Taking SEO writing tips into consideration will put you on the path of SEO writing success.
Successful SEO writing can be done, and it can be done well by using long tail keywords to achieve fast and effective search engine rankings for buyers keywords that will ensure a positive ROI.
Error, group does not exist! Check your syntax! (ID: 13)