A bad web developer will produce a bad website. The following signs of a bad web developer will help you to choose a good web developer for your website.
The first step to recognising the signs of a bad web developer is to have an understanding of the web and websites. Keeping up with new trends, such as SEO or the basic rules of website design, will enable you to know whether the web developer is using outdated techniques that will waste time and money.
What is a Web Developer?
Web developers and web development companies build or provide maintenance for websites. They should provide professional services. Incorporated into their services, includes website design and function, as well as the product and target market. Unfortunately there are bad web developers that will deliver less than adequate websites.
Signs of a Bad Web Developer
The following provides signs of a bad web developer, these include:
- If terms are not agreed to, or there are no terms to sign.
- If the web developer does not give you feedback.
- If the developer forgets what you want.
- If your email, messages and calls are not returned.
- If there is no opportunity to view their work portfolio.
- If you are not given an adequate breakdown of the work that will be done.
- If you have no opportunity to speak to past clients.
- If past clients give you bad feedback on the web developer.
- If the web developer acts unprofessionally.
- If you feel uneasy about the web developer’s ability.
- If you feel the web developer is hiding something from you.
- If the developer tries to sound impressive by using jargon.
- If your questions are avoided or unanswered.
- If the web developer does not appear to have sound knowledge of the web and web development.
- The developer has no understanding of SEO.
- The developer makes use of outdated internet and web design techniques.
- If the developer makes use of too much Flash technology.
- If the developer makes use of fixed design.
- If the developer appears to be unsure of what you want.
- If you are not given a clear outline of what will be done.
- If the developer does not listen to you.
- If it is difficult to get a hold of the developer.
- If you often call and get an answering machine.
- If the developer suggests that you include a visitor counter on your site.
Developing Your Website
While there are web developers that produce questionable work, there are website companies that are capable and professional. Ataga, in association with Veritas Prime, provide services including:
- Website audits
- Graphic design
- Multimedia design
- Website design and development
Contact Ataga for more information on their website services.
The first step to having an adequate website is to have a good web developer. Knowing the signs of a bad web developer will help you to find the right web developer for your website.