Online advertising has become a major means of income for entrepreneurs. The fastest method of advertising on the net is through Internet banner ads. Define your goals for your campaign through taking a look at the following tips in creating banner ads that work.
What Are Banner Ads?
Banner Ad Tips
- The biggest tip to give advertisers is to create unique and attention-grabbing ads.
- The way you design, combine words, colours, images and animation are critical factors in success of your banner campaign.
- When designing your banner ad it is important to consider both graphic and text. The pictures and content need to correlate in order to keep the attention of potential clients.
- Visit other hosting sites that have banner ads, see how they have crafted these ads.
- Compare your banner ad to other banners. Ask yourself if your ad is as eye-catching as the one you are comparing yours to.
- If you do compare your banner ad to others, be sure not to make yours similar. It is a creative way of advertising, use your imagination and do not shy away from your creative ideas.
- Choose design styles that appeal to you. You will make a lasting impression on traffic if you pay careful attention to detail.
- Less is always more, do not make your banner too cluttered or too colourful. Stick to a certain number of fonts, colours and designs.
- Limit your use of fonts as too many fonts may become distracting.
- Put your point across and be clear in what you are advertising. Keep words simple and easy to read. Say it in seven words or less.
- You are limited to a small visual space, using fewer words makes it easier for you to use larger text that is more eye-catching for traffic.
- Use powerful and creative words. Before choosing the wording for your banner, create a list of enticing words, brainstorm your ideas.
- Be clear in your graphics; do not overlap images or messaging.
- Select your images carefully; too few will lead to an unappealing banner ad. Look through stock photography as you can easily obtain your images and it is inexpensive.
- Your main objective is to sell your product or service, use strong phrases that capture the interest of potential clients.
- Ensure that your primary message is pungent as it is the strongest visual element in your ad.
- Control the file size of your ad. Your ad should not be bigger than 468x 60 pixels and 12kb.
- The easiest way to maintain this size of banner is to limit the use of colour and graphics.
- Save your banner ad as an animated GIF file.
- Do not overuse animation in your banner ad. Choose animation that is not too fast; ensure that it flows at a moderate pace.
- Set your animation so that they stop after 3 cycles as constant animation becomes distracting.
By using the above tips in creating your banner ads, you should be able to develop a successful ad that leaves a favourable impression on potential clients. Do not be afraid to experiment and brainstorm your ideas, as banner ads are a very creative form of advertising on the World Wide Web.