Unfortunately there are a number of bad SEO companies that provide a bad SEO service. This can be detrimental to your website and resources.
It is important to recognize the warning signs of bad SEO companies. While there are a number of good SEO companies that are able to give you a professional SEO service, at the same time there are bad SEO companies waiting to waste your time and money. However bad SEO companies will more likely jeopardize your website and drain your resources.
Taking note of the warning signs of bad SEO companies.
These will help you to choose a good SEO company. Take the following warning signs of bad SEO companies into consideration when choosing a SEO company. Some warning signs include SEO companies that:
- Initially contact you through spam email.
- Are not listed on popular search engines.
- Have different domain names.
- Employ unprofessional staff.
- Offer you free trials.
- Offer prices that are too high.
- Offer prices that are too low.
- Offer flat rates for their SEO services.
- Have hidden costs.
- Frequently avoid your telephone calls.
- Do not return your calls, messages or emails.
- Ignore your questions.
- Do not keep in regular contact with you.
- Make unrealistic promises or claims.
- Make promises that they can’t keep.
- Try to impress you by using industry jargon.
- Do not have clear terms and conditions.
- Do not agree to specific terms.
- Do not give you valuable feedback.
- Ignore popular search engines, such as Google, MSN or Yahoo.
- Tell you that they know people in high places (such as Google’s top people).
- Guarantee that your site will have top rank in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
- Promise that they will get your site to the number one spot on Google.
- Tell you that they can SEO your site in a few days.
- Tell you that your site will be indexed in 48 to 72 hours.
- Do not give you a clear indication of the work that needs to be done.
- Are secretive or unclear about their work procedures.
- Tell you that no SEO work needs to be done to your website.
- Believe that they can submit your website to a large number of search engines.
- Submit your site to link farms.
- Add a number of links to your site.
- Believe that high keyword density will optimize your site.
- Ignore the recommended keyword density percentage of 3-5%.
- Use too many competitive keywords.
- Use black hat or unethical SEO techniques.
- Insist that they should have copyright over the meta data that they create.
- Do not display sound SEO knowledge.
- Refuse to inform you about past clients.
- Do not have satisfied past clients.
- Send you threats that they will sabotage your site if you do not use their service.
It is important to recognize the warning signs of bad SEO companies. This will help you to choose a good SEO company to SEO your website.